<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
First trip to Okoboji...Thanks Ryan!
Moderators: Darrin, Ryan Hale, Ducks
Author Post
Darrin
Tue Jul 29 2008, 12:54am
Bassin Maniac!

Registered Member #1
I just got back from my first ever trip to the Iowa Great Lakes area and I had an absolute blast!
I want to send out a BIG Thank You to Ryan!
Shortly after getting camp set up at Emerson Bay, Ryan came over and picked us up right at our site(which he also reserved for us!)....He gave us a tour of the town, took us to the outlet store and recommended some gear for us to use in our tourney on Sunday. We then went out on to the lake, Ryan showed us some of the danger areas of the lake and pointed out some regulations as well as some areas to fish! Oh yeah, he also had the bow of my boat underwater for the first time since I've owned it! LOL...the carpet need cleaning anyways. Just razzing ya man I also heard a rumor that he had his new Lund airborne for the first time as well!

Cole, it was nice to meet you as well and keep after them fish!

Ryan is a great guy and he bent over backwards to make sure that we had everything we needed while we were there. I only have 2 words for that---> Class Act!

Thanks Ryan, I'll be back up there again and hopefully we can get some fishing in!

Darrin
Brittlab
Tue Jul 29 2008, 03:04am
Registered Member #10
good to hear you 2 finally met. how was the fishing??
Darrin
Tue Jul 29 2008, 03:15am
Bassin Maniac!

Registered Member #1
Brittlab wrote ...

good to hear you 2 finally met. how was the fishing??

Fishing was great for some and just OK for others(I'm in the "others" group )
Brian got the big fish for the weekend with a 20" smallie!

Darrin
Brittlab
Tue Jul 29 2008, 03:29am
Registered Member #10
very nice. there are some trophy smallies up there. a guy could used to fishing those lakes all year round.
BZenor
Tue Jul 29 2008, 03:34am
Yo Darrin,

That tourney was a lot of fun! Didn't know that Ryan and Cole were fishing untill that morining, good to see ya guys. Quite the lightning show that as the sun rose! Thanks for driving all the way up here and setting up a fun event, and good to meet you. Maybe I'll see you at the Sept. tourney. I was the guy fishing with Dave W.
Ryan Hale
Tue Jul 29 2008, 06:39pm
Army Strong

Registered Member #2
No problem Darrin,least I could do for all the site help in the past.It was nice to meet you(finally),had a great time hanging with you and Brian.

Wish the fishing could have been a little better for you guys,trust me,this is bass heaven up here.

I was very happy with how the Hawgz tourney was ran,very smooth.This spring the Hawgz director and I didn't see eye to eye on a certain rule and I was not happy about it.A guide on these waters in no different than any of the locals who are fishing it.Anyway I thought Joe did a good job and he was very nice to me.

A shout out to Ben Zenor and his 2nd place finish.Very good showing.

Cole and I caught lots of fish,but only weighed two keepers.We stuck to our program,just didn't hit those bigger fish.

I think Cole and Austin will be fishing the Sept Hawgz event.

Thanks for the kind words Darrin.

Ryan Hale
Steve Strain
Tue Jul 29 2008, 09:38pm
Tom and I will be fishing the Sept. event as well.

fishrman
Fri Aug 01 2008, 01:45am
Registered Member #87
That had to be a fun time! One of these days.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF