<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Hale's guide service at IGL's.
Moderators: Darrin, Ryan Hale, Ducks
Author Post
Ryan Hale
Tue Aug 07 2012, 07:41pm
Army Strong

Registered Member #2
This past weekend my family and I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Ryan Hale. My brother, brother-in-law, nephew, and I met Ryan at the boat ramp at 6:30AM and headed out to the lake. We fished two different spots for a couple of hours each and caught fish constantly. Ryan was very informative the entire time pointing out hot-spots for the different seasons. At about 10:30 we had between 15 and 20 slab gills in the boat, one Walleye and one Northern. We also caught several smallies and tons of gills that we threw back.

From 10:30 until 11:30 we trolled for Northerns and Muskies and ended up literally watching three Northerns smack the lures. Two were just over 20" and the third was a 36" Silver Northern. I couldn't find much online, but from what I've heard this is very big for a Silver. Unsure what it was at first we counted the pores below it's jaw to determine that it was in fact a Northern. I don't know much about them, but I'm assuming that it's green shade turns a much lighter color in the winter, thus the Silver name. This is my first Master Angler fish and all the thanks go to Ryan! If anyone is ever looking for a guided trip I highly recommend giving him a call. For four of us fishing for 5 hours it was very reasonably priced and great way to spend the morning with family.

Derek

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF